BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

5.15.2008

Ranting time

I saw an article today, "First plus sized model takes home top prize on America's Next Top Model." I don't watch the show, but clicked on the article, as I was amazed they'd give it to a "plus sized" girl. Here are her photos. I am peeved that they are calling her plus sized. She looks great, healthy and normal. We wonder why little girls think they are fat and eating disorders ravage teenagers. Maybe because they are calling this "plus sized." Why? Because she has boobs and hips? That's not plus sized, that's called being female. I applaud this chick for going on a show where she was the largest one there, but I wonder how much it must have hurt her each time she heard herself referred to as "the first plus sized contestant." I'm glad she won, we need more normal sized models in the world.






3 comments:

Hillery said...

I think in the modeling world they consider a size 10+ to be "plus-sized" instead of the normal 16-18+. It is stupid, really. But I'm glad that she actually looks healthy and like a normal person! She has something that actually is attainable to normal people.

Amber said...

The article said she's an 8. I have long ago accepted that a 12 is considered plus, but 8??

Mercutio said...

If those pictures are all the same girl, someone need to tell her the top picture (brunette wearing normal clothes) is the prettiest.