BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

5.29.2008

Amazingness

After reading a billion reviews and visiting a ton of stores, I purchased my new MP3 player tonight.
My research led me to narrow it down to 4 players.

The creative zen v:plus, the iRiver Clix, the Zune and the iPod Touch. They met the specs I was looking for, so I set out to search the stores. The only downside is I was unable to find any decent players that were blue. Alas, I was going to have to settle for another color scheme.

The creative zen v:plus was immediately knocked off the list because the all plastic body felt cheap and easily destroyable (and I tend to be rough on things, just ask my cell phone). Compared to the metal body of my old zen micro photo, the v:plus just felt flimsy.

The iRiver Clix is no longer available in stores in America, so bye bye iRiver.

Donald forbid the Zune, on accounts of screwy things microsoft is doing with the zune and their music store. The lady at circuit city seconded that saying a lot of zunes are brought back because they have a tendency to lock up and freeze frequently. They have a reset button inside just for that problem. (Which makes me wonder why they installed a fix it button instead of just fixing the problem...oh well.)

I got an iPod Touch. It is freaking amazing. I'm kind of in love with it, to be honest.

I was never in the iPod camp, because I thought their products were priced higher than others without offering anything better, just a jacked up price based on brand name recognition. I still feel that the shuffle and nano are easily not the best in their price bracket and you can get something with the same features cheaper. The classic I've never really researched, since I have no need for 60-80GB of space. However, the Touch is completely different than any other player out there...and far cooler. It's basically an IPhone without the phone and camera. I can play music, movies, store pictures, surf the web using wifi (which I did tonight just for fun), get directions from google maps, or check the weather in my area.

And it seriously has the most awesome interface in this universe to date.

2 comments:

Mercutio said...

Can you post a picture of the device? I'm not motivated enough to look it up myself.

Amber said...

Better yet, I can let you play with it next time I see you! You cannot really appreciate it in a still picture, you have to see the way it works.

If you've seen an iPhone, they are nearly identical only the iTouch is much thinner.