BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

2.13.2008

Snow days, ice days

Snow and ice have taken over the last few days. For some, it means dangerous drives to work. For some, it means having your electricity go out. For some (including me), it means having to work for almost 2 hours to deice your car (in my case, with a spatula).

But for me, as a teacher, it means having to work on my birthday.
Since my birthday falls on president's day, I would have gotten my birthday off if we went to school tomorrow. But today used up the last of the days available at the end of the school year, so tomorrow takes away our president's day holiday.

I am still very confused as to why we are getting tomorrow off in the first place, as everyone says the roads are not that bad. But everyone in the area canceled, so maybe it is just not safe for buses?

I don't know. All I know is we will be totally backward this week, with a 5 day weekend and a 2 day week. (Now there's an idea we could make permanent!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you were right when you said that they probably cancelled school because of the buses. The main streets are fine, but the side streets still aren't. I know our neighborhood streets are getting a little better, but the ice still pops and crackles when a car drives down the street and most people's wheels are still spinning out a lot. So, I can see the concern for buses to come into neighborhoods like this, not good for the kids in the bus, or the bus if it took them twice as long to do their bus route. I am sorry that you have to work on your birthday though! (Maybe we will have another snow day that day!)