BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

2.15.2008

murder-suicides

Okay, another murder-suicide at a university has me a bit peeved. This is probably the exactly wrong-unPC thing to say, but I don't care. It's how I feel.
I am not for suicide. BUT...if you are planning to kill yourself, why the hell do you feel like the last thing you need to do is cause as many meaningless deaths as you can before finally shooting yourself? My word, if you feel like dying, fine, do yourself in. That's your choice.
But stop taking 3, 7, 14 people with you. In Columbine, yes, the killers were "teased, bullied, etc." but most of the people they killed were not their bullies. In most situations, the killer has been "mistreated." But the people they kill did not do the mistreating. In some cases, like the mall/store shootings, they are killing totally random strangers. They could be Mother Teresa type people, but the killers don't care, they just want to kill. I mean, come on, last year a man shot a bunch of little AMISH girls. Like they ever did anything to him!
To me, this indicates that the "mistreatment" has very little to do with the killing sprees, this is a character issue. These are killers. Cold-blooded, pyschologically evil killers. We are probably better off without them in society. I just wish they would off themselves in their own homes and leave the world without a bunch of senseless violent, random killings.
And I desperately wish that everyone else (media especially) would stop looking for the "how society caused this" excuse for them. I don't care if they were bullied, are bipolar, were abused children or are "off their meds." When someone is that depraved, they are not going to care how society treated them.
Weren't we all teased at some point in our life? Bullied a bit? Left out sometimes? Maybe even physically pushed around a bit? Yes! Aren't millions of people depressed, bipolar, abused or "unmedicated?" Yes! But when is the last time we went to the mall and shot a group of people? It's not a reason. Its hardly a factor, in my opinion. It's just an excuse. And there is a difference.

1 comments:

The Ingraldi Family said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. It is senseless. These people are senseless. Just because they were mistreated is completely irrational. If everyone who was ever mistreated killed someone else, there would be no one else left on the planet.

BTW - love your blog.