BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

8.24.2008

Ready for anything!

My room is painted, rearranged and decorated. I'm prepped and ready!

Here are some shots of what it looks like before the day to day living in it makes it look less than what it looks like now.
This is "circle time central." Weather board, calendar, class schedule, and lunch choices. The blank strips are going to be individual student schedules, after I take their pictures!






These are the ultra amazing seat sacks Hillery sewed for me. I got a great deal on the fabric, it is a denim with a silvery sheen. Very pretty! She made seven (well, eight, but our prototype did not fit), but she'll probably have to make me more soon...I am starting with six kids and another is expected to be placed within a week!
Crazy.



Here are mine and Deloris' desks. The table jutting out from my desk will be for small groups. The table you only see the corner of will be where the guinea pigs go.






This little alcove housed a file cabinet last year. This year, I am placing the time out desk and mood meter there. It's a much better location for children who are making a scene!






Bryan came from Arkansas TWICE to help with this project. Once to help tape everything off and once to paint. Is he wonderful, or what??

You can see the transformation happening here from dirty beige to light blue (it's really not as white as the picture looks. Its a pretty sky color).


Joel and Heather helped paint too...and even though the picture denies it, we were right side up that day.








My hallway display.







Over my door as you walk in. You can see the difference here in the hall color and my room color. It's still not a true depiction of my room color, but at least you can see that there is one.






Group table, with seat sacks. The pocket chart slides so I can use that part of the chalkboard, too. Way over to the right, you see my Plan, Do, Study, Act board. It's a new requirement due to CQI. I'm still not sure how it is going to work.

This is the back of my room, also. I flipped the room front to back this year to minimize distractions from students going to library and computers right outside my door.

1 comments:

Mercutio said...

Good thing you pointed out the sideways picture! I was thinking Bryan is so cool that he can paint a ceiling while standing on the wall.