BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

8.07.2008

Home with a phone

I got home last night. I was ready to see Donald for sure, but as I waited for him to get off work at 11, i noticed my life was suddenly much quieter. I miss the babies being around. Funny how that works with kids. You get driven crazy in the car from joplin to springfield, and 2 hours later, you feel all alone because no one is there to make noise.

Today, I went to Alltel, because our contract is up this month. Verizon recently bought Alltel, but does not take over their customers until January. I wanted to be sure to reup our contract to hold our rate, and our My Circle deal. Anyone still on a contract, and not just a month to month plan, will be grandfathered in and allowed to keep all their current contract perks until their contract expires. They can then go month to month on the same plan or get a new contract with Verizon. Verizon rates are much higher for a comparable package and has no MyCircle numbers. Those, along with free nights starting at 7, have meant that we use only 300 anytime minutes a month, which is fantastic. The only problem with our plan has been that we have no free texts...and lots of our friends have unlimited free texts, but not many minutes so they text us alot rather than calling.

So, I studied the plan rates and ended up paying the same amount for our two lines as before, only we now have unlimited text to Alltel customers, unlimited text to our My Circle numbers and 1000 other texts apiece. Our nights now start at 9, however, but I think with my My Circle, that's ok. There are very few people we have really long conversations with, and those people can be our free numbers. We will still use very few actual minutes (but we have 1000, as thats the lowest you can get with two lines.) I also, for only $2, added roadside assistance to our phone. Incredible value. I am much pleased with this.

And, of course, my new phone is blue.

0 comments: