BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11.24.2008

toothbrush confusion

I bought a new toothbrush. It is a Colgate Max Fresh. I bought it for the same reason I have bought every other toothbrush in my life. It was blue and pretty.

However, this toothbrush confuses me.

The front part of the handle is made of a hardish blue gel instead of plastic and has little confetti pieces embedded in it. The package boasts that that part of the handle has a "refreshing mint scent to enhance the brushing experience." When I opened it, I found it really did smell just like minty toothpaste. It is not a bad smell.

But I have to wonder...if I am already brushing my teeth with minty toothpaste, what is the purpose of the scented handle? Wouldn't I already have a "refreshing mint scent" from my toothpaste? Does extra mint smell truly "enhance" my brushing experience?

Truly, no. After you have mint toothpaste on the brush, you cannot even smell that the handle is scented.

So it seems that the handle is meant to be sniffed when you are NOT using toothpaste already. Weird.

I'll keep my new toothbrush, though. Like I said, it's still blue and pretty.

0 comments: