BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11.02.2008

Poor baby car

Today, on our drive home from church, our car started acting funny. The RPMs started going really low, then back to normal and it was acting like it wouldn't let me accelerate. We decided to try to drive it to O'Reilley's and get the free alternator/battery check. The car decided otherwise and stopped entirely on the corner at Sunshine. Some kind men helped Donald push it into a parking lot.

Now, I am immensely grateful that in August I decided to add Alltell Roadside Assistance to our cell phones. They came and towed our poor baby car to Daytona's. This service won't cost us anything, and all because we have been paying $3 per month to have the service. $9 later, we needed it.

Joey came and picked up Donald and took him to work for us.

Now, comes the real challenge. Donald can take the city bus to work as always. (Also, his classes are all cancelled this week because of a conference his instructors are going to, so that is of no concern.) I can take the bus to work, if needed. (I'll have to be on the bus at 6:30 in the morning.) But, he cannot ride it home, as he gets off work so late. I could ride it home some days, but this is parent-teacher conference week and I have to be at school until 7:30 pm each night. The bus to our house only runs til 6pm.

So, we will be relying on the kindness of friends.

Hopefully the problem is quickly fixed. My dad says it sounds like an alternator or fuel pump. I hope it is not a super expensive fix, whatever it is.

I hate car problems.

0 comments: