BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

3.06.2011

not the mom

Today I asked Shortcake if she wanted to go get Orange Leaf.  She put her shoes and jacket on and then immediately started misbehaving.  I told her I was going to sit down and wait a few minutes and see if she could be nice, but that if she wasn't going to be nice, we were staying home.  She acted nicely the next ten minutes, so we walked out the door. 
Before I even got the door locked, she threatened to "beat my ass."  I opened the door back up, looked at her and said, "We aren't going today.  Go sit on your bed."  The ensuing fit lasted quite a while, and was pretty loud.  When she calmed down, I went in to talk to her and she apologized, then she stood up and said "Go to Orange Leaf?" I replied, "No, I said we aren't going today, we will try another day.  You can take your shoes and jacket off." 
She began tantruming again and said, "You're not the mom!"  I looked at her and said, "I know.  But we still can't go do fun things when you aren't acting nice."  I left her room and she continued screaming and throwing toys for another 10 minutes.  She screamed some more when told she could not come out of her room until the toys were back in her baskets.

An hour after the proposed trip to Orange Leaf, she was finally calm and snacking on pretzels.  Hopefully the calm lasts through the rest of the evening...we've had a fairly stormy day!

1 comments:

Mercutio said...

That's called a win. Good game! It was hard fought, but the lesson will stick eventually (hopefully?).