BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

3.14.2011

back to...normal?

Shortcake went back home today.  It was sudden and completely unexpected (we were told she'd be here 3-6 months).  They called at 4:15 and picked her up at 5:15, only waiting long enough for me to pack her things.  We sent her home with double what she came with, and that wasn't even sending everything (some things were only loaned to us).

When they called, I was ok.  Packing her things while she played with Donald, I was ok.  Watching the case worker walk her down the sidewalk to the car...that's where I started crying.

I started thinking about changes we had made in our house...and appointments I had made...and schedules we had arranged.  I realized how much simpler life is without planning around a kid...yet how much more I like it when I have to.

1 comments:

Ouph said...

So sad for you.