BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.22.2008

My very least favorite person



This is Michael Savage, a radio host who has made headlines before for rants about immigrants, Jews, Muslims, gays, Democrats and nonwhites. Already, with just that, I pretty much hate him. I dislike people who try to rouse hatred for basically everyone unlike them.

But this week, his target is autistic kids. People who know me will know that the surest way to piss me off and make an enemy is to do or say something that hurts kids.

Some of this jerk's choice words about the kids I love and work to help are:

“99% of children diagnosed with autism are just a brat who hasn’t been told to cut the act out."

“My main point remains true. It is an overdiagnosed medical condition. In my readings, there is no definitive medical diagnosis for autism.”

"99% of the cases of autism were a result of lax parenting. They don’t have a father around to tell them: ‘Don’t act like a moron. You’ll get nowhere in life.”

"They should be told, “ ‘Straighten up. Act like a man. Don’t sit there crying and screaming, idiot.’ ”

Savage has said that he has no intentions to apologize for his remarks.

While saying he will not apologize, he is attempting to backtrack and say his comments were "misinterpreted." That "left wing stalinists" are not using context.

I do not care. Saying that 99% of autistic shildren need to be told they are "idiots" and should "act like a man" is more than enough for me to hate you.

0 comments: