BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

7.20.2008

Date Day

After spending a lot of time with friends last weekend, and being at Bryan's the weekend before, Donald and I had not had a whole day alone together since before I went to my mom's! That's a long time, so yesterday he decided we would see no one but each other.

We went to the art museum, which is under construction. We had to park right next to the construction zone. It only took us about an hour to go through the museum, because several of their galleries were closed off.

We left and decided to go walk at Springfield Lake. As soon as I stepped out of the car, I heard air whooshing out of our back tire. We looked and sure enough, in the construction zone (presumably), we had picked up a nail.

So, we immediately got back in the car and drove to Wal-mart to get it repaired. We walked around and then they paged us, so we went back to find out that the nail had broken a tread belt and the tire was unfixable.

An hour later, 1 new tire and nearly $100 less in our account, we left. We went home for a while and then attempted this date thing again.

We went to Hacienda and ate dinner. It was very good.

We went to the bowling alley...and then remembered I would need socks to bowl. Back in the car, drive to Dollar General. Buy socks.

We bowled and I bowled a 184...in two games combined.

We came home and watched Doctor Who and then Son-in-Law (because I had the "Steven Tyler PJ's" line stuck in my head.)

We enjoyed spending time with one another, even if the day kept getting strangely interrupted. I'm glad I married this man. Even disasters can be nice dates.

1 comments:

Diego said...

I wuv you.