BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

4.07.2008

it's a small world after all...

This semester, I have a practicum student (my first one ever!) from MSU. She's been with me since January. I knew she had a husband and a 2 year old girl, but other than that, I knew little about her personal life. Today, I mentioned that we were taking a community outing on the 10th to Fuddruckers. She said, "You'll be really close to where I live."

I replied, "We'll be close to where I live, too. Where over there do you live?"

"I live on (insert street name)," she said. "Me too!" I said.

"I live in (insert apartment complex)," she said. "So do I! We've lived there since 2003," I said. "We've lived there since 2004," she said.

Wow. My first practicum student, and we've been neighbors for 4 years. We've never seen each other in the parking lot, at the mailboxes, dumpster or pool. We live on the same side of the complex, share a parking lot and everything! What a small world, and a weird coincidence!

*Update*
I edited to delete the names of where we actually live. You know, internet stalkers and whatnot.

1 comments:

The Ingraldi Family said...

Wow! It is strange how we find out just how small the world really is. I met a guy here at work who lived in St. Joe a long time ago and come to find out, his grandfather and mine both worked together 20+ years ago at the stockyards.

You'll probably see her all the time now that you have met.