BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

4.24.2008

exciting opportunity

I'm excited right now! At church on Sunday pastor asked us to circle the letter "D" if we would be interested in doing a 3 day mission trip to Nebraska in June. We would be doing childcare for the Hispanic Leadership Conference.

I circled the letter, and went to the meeting last night. I am definately going to go. We get to stay on a "Tan-Tar-A" type place with cabins and canoes, ziplines, paddleboats, etc. We have to do 5 90-minute childcare sessions over the 3 days, and the rest of the time we can do whatever we want on the property!

I am especially excited that after saying he couldn't go, Donald changed his mind and said he could take Sunday off and go with me! YAY!

Low price ($170 for the two of us), serving by taking care of kids, and a weekend with my husband? Is there anything better?

6 comments:

Ouph said...

That sounds like so much fun!

The Ingraldi Family said...

Where is it? Let me know if you have any extra time to have lunch or dinner! I would love to you see you and Donald.

Amber said...

I'm really not sure...they just said "the middle of nowhere"! I'll have to find out.

It sounds great, although I am sad that the kids only go from 4-18...I'd have liked some babies!

Amber said...

It is near (about 35 miles north of) Central City, NE. Is that anywhere near you?

The Ingraldi Family said...

You would have to go through the area to get there. Where you are going there are no interstates that connect MO to there without going through this area. What are the dates? You can play with Ava!

Amber said...

Well, the problem is that we would be on a church van with a big group of people, not in our own car, so we couldn't just stop. If you were near there, we could try to meet up in our "down time." Otherwise, I'd love to play with Ava (and Kati)! It is June 13-15.