BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

4.12.2010

stupid blood

I went to the doctor today to get blood work done, and have to go back tomorrow morning for more.  Oh, joy.

This weekend I checked in on my blood glucose level (blood sugar) and found it to be 256!  After 9 hours of not eating!  Way too high.  Scary high. 

Kept monitoring it every 4 hours, plus 2 hours after eating anything and first thing in the morning.  My fasting levels were all higher than my post eating levels, which is backwards from normal.  My fasting levels were never below 146.  My post eating levels ranged from 112-190.

All too high.

I am hoping it's a hormonal thing (just finished my cycle), or something else temporary and not diabetes.

But...there is definitely a reason to believe it might be diabetes.  Being insulin resistant, there is always the chance it will become diabetes.  Also, I have a family history with my aunt, grandma and great grandma.  My aunt is the most extreme, and scares us at least 3 times a year by almost dying. 

I'd like that not to be me.

1 comments:

Hillery said...

I also thought that my fasting numbers being higher and then dropping after eating was backwards. Yet my dr. said that this is scarier and that it would be better if it was opposite. Yay. It would be nice if it was a fluke or temporary, but no matter what, it needs to be monitored and controlled so you can be the best Amber you can be! Hoping that the dr. does not blow you off but digs until there is an answer. Maybe you will finally get that endocrinology consult!