BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

8.07.2009

Happy New Year!

Yes, it's that time of year! The August heat has finally gotten to the point where being outside is completely miserable unless you are in a cool body of water, car A/C's can't get cold for several minutes and everything you touch burns your skin.

Which means....school is starting soon! I am excited to be back in my routine, with my schedules and structure. I am ready to see my little darlings and all my teacher-friends.

I've been working in my classroom some this week, getting it ready. I've made trips to IPA, Mardel, Walgreens and Walmart getting the necessities (and a few frills!). I've got a class website half completed, where my students will be blogging about out community outings and cooking projects. I hope to finish it by the middle of next week.

Speaking of the class website...I am now the "Webmaster" for my school building. Our website has not been updated since 2005! It needs some major work. Since I took the technology boot camp class this summer, the head guy of the educational technology department decided I was the one who could do this work. I'm not sure I am entirely qualified...but luckily I married a man who is! Since beginning work in my room, I've already made 3 calls to the help desk, so they are probably scared to death that I've been choosen for this task. I'm not striving for awesome perfection (at least not yet), just something functional and decent to look at.

I've gotten 16 things marked off my to-do list...but 43 left to do, and I am sure I'll think of more before it's all said and done. Fortunately, a lot of them are "10-minute tasks."

That is all I really have to say. I just needed to share the excitement of the new year!

1 comments:

Hillery said...

Sounds like you are doing great getting ready for the new year of school! I can't believe Gabbie starts school on Monday, I mean seriously, where did the summer go??? And how in the world is my little girl old enough for all day school?? Okay, now I want to go cry. Glad you are doing well.